Kevin and I saw the Kingsman last night. I enjoyed the movie for the most part and as we tend to do, we discuss it to pieces and then go to sleep. I then dreamed about it all night. The dream was enough to make me want to write about it, so here
1. Why the butt? What logically reason did they have to show that at the end? It was a perfectly family friendly movie until that point.
2. Taron Egerton plays Gary "Eggsy" Unsin and he plays him well. Sophie Cookson plays Roxy and I like her.
3. The explosions were awesome!
4. How did Eggsy not know the test about the dog. He should have expected it. It's like the ultimate test the second you get a dog in those types of programs.
5. Roxy is terrified of heights. This is shown throughout the whole movie. So why on earth does she have to be the one to go into space? As far as agents go Eggsy and Roxy were equal. I know this is a "man's" movie, but it doesn't make sense to send Roxy up into space when she could jeopardize the situation with her overwhelming fear of heights. Logically it makes more sense to have their roles reversed, she's the better shot too.
On a side note I wore those gorgeous boots to the theater. I was planning on taking a photo with my boots up on the seats. But it just didn't feel right doing it with the lights down. I don't like to bother people with cellphone lights. (also there was no one sitting in the row in front of us, so it wasn't an issue for anyone having my feet up)
EDIT: rediscussion with Kevin and Scott revealed that the only way into the bad guys hideout was using an alias that had already been created by an male character earlier and that Eggsy was just filling that spot. While this is accurate, Roxy still would have been better :)
I'm a lifestyle blogger, covering deep subjects including body images, battles with food, and overcoming how I was raised. I try to be as authentic as possible and I don’t sugar coat how I see things.