This week I
- Put drops of orange and rose essential oil into my diffuser and toss them back in the basket of oils. The lavender bounced out and hit the sink and then rolled down the drain and came to rest in the garburator. Maintenance came and pulled it out for me and that would typically be the end of the story, except that it isn't. A few days later something plugged the drain and we were lucky to catch it. We normally turn the dishwasher on and head to bed. Kevin happened to want fresh water for his water bottle before heading to the bedroom and found the sink full of water. Something we tossed down backed up the pipe. (see day 240) I've also discovered that some people call a garburator a garbage disposal instead and that those people had no idea what I was talking about.
- Drove down the highway and put words to what bothered me the most about the drive and that is the lack of highway clean up. In Alberta unless it was a fresh kill you did not see dead wildlife on the roadside. You also very rarely saw blown out tire strewn across the road. Here this is a common thing, in fact I would say that no one bothers with clean up at all. I've watched a deer decompose on the side of the road this past month. There is nothing wrong with death, it's just weird how there is so much beauty in Wisconsin and yet the residents don't care about it at all (and this goes beyond just roadkill on the side of the road).
- Ordered far too many books from the library. A huge reason why I've been reading so much is I've been finding and devouring books that are part of a series and a large series at that. This time all the books I've ordered are individual books and it makes it so much harder to jump from story to story. I love finding a good story, that's ten books long and just one continuation. But they are hard to come by.
- Looked around while sitting in a yoga class and watched a very large cricket crawl our from under the door and into the room with me. This was a yin class and it had not yet started. So I just casually got up and went out to grab the lovely lady at the front desk so we could figure out how to catch and kill it before it did something crazy like land on a resting student and cause a freak out. Could you imagine resting before a yoga class, peaceful music playing in the background, and you are slightly nodding off when a massive black bug jumps onto your skin? The screams would be alarming... Anyways she grabbed a towel and squished it, while the two of us squirmed and tried to be quiet. No one knew and after the class was over and someone asked what we had been doing, most were glad to have not known. Just writing about this gave me the creepy shivers...
- Decided to reformat a few things for this space. That included changing up the main page, changing the font, removing the option for joining the mailing list, and creating niches. I have been running from niches on my blog since it became the thing to do a few years ago. While I don't think there is anything wrong with niches, I just knew it wasn't right for me and I didn't want to limit myself. I have always know that I am not a sales person and I didn't want to even attempt at trying that within these imagined walls. However I think I've found a way that works for me and still allows me the freedom in which I want to work within. Mondays - self portraits, a way to express myself and be free in my writing. Wednesday - book reviews, something I have always done but haven't found a great way to do properly. I think though I have found a format that I will like, so we'll try it out and see. Lastly, Fridays - 365 project, where I share my daily photo project, which is something I have been enjoying massively! I am happy with this decision and I am looking forward to how this will play out in the next few months.
- Lastly my yoga practice has gone through a tremendous amount of changes over the past year. Recently it's been about home practice and movement because it makes me happy. These picture while taken earlier in the year reflect current feelings pretty well. I am happy, life is good, and I don't share that side of things enough.
I'm a lifestyle blogger, covering deep subjects including body images, battles with food, and overcoming how I was raised. I try to be as authentic as possible and I don’t sugar coat how I see things.