Relationship Challenge - The Future Trip
The Freckled Fox is hosting a 14 day Relationship Challenge. I am definitely not doing all the prompts (Day 3: Turn on some oldies and slow dance together - not happening, we don't dance). But I thought it would be fun to do some.
See Day 1's prompt here. Today I am doing
Day 2: Plan a future getaway together (even it its years away) - don't leave out any details!
I don't know how in far in the future this will be. Everyday I hope it is sooner. This trip will take 3 to 6 months to complete.
Kevin and I have always talked about taking a trip to Japan. To do research for this post I used Japan Guide. Here is our list of things we would want to do
1. Hire professional photographer to take photos of us under the Cherry Blossoms. How I picture it, Kevin in a beautifully tailored gray suit, with a turquoise button up, polished shoes (I can't decided on color). My wedding dress however will be different, I am going to dye the fabric under the lace a beautiful turquoise.
2. Visit many Shrines, Temples, and Cemetery all across the country. You can't just see one in one city. I would love to see them all...
3. Go to a Cat Cafe - most likely while exploring Tokyo
4. Go to a Manga Cafe - most likely while exploring Tokyo
5. Go to a Maid Cafe - most likely while exploring Tokyo
8. Visit the Samurai District - potentially Kakunodate
9. Visit traditional Japan - potentially Asuka
10. Visit modern Japan
11. Spend some time at an Onsen - Natural hot springs and/or a bath house, seeking more of a "kashikiri" (private) baths (Types of Hot Springs)
12. Climb Mount Fuji
13. Tokyo Sky Tree
I think we would start our trip in a Ryokan styled home (Ryokan are traditional Japanese style inns with Japanese style rooms. A stay at a ryokan typically includes dinner and breakfast and is recommended to all travelers to Japan as it gives you the opportunity to experience a traditional Japanese lifestyle.). From there we would rent a Japanese Style Apartment or House. I would like to spend at least one night in a capsule room and one night at a temple (It is possible for tourists to spend the night at some Buddhist temple lodgings (shukubo). A stay often includes two vegetarian meals and the opportunity to join the morning prayers. One of the best places to experience a night at a temple is Mount Koya.). You can read more about the different types of rooms here.
When we do eventually go, we will be hiring an Tour Company to ensure we get everything we want. Having someone plan this all out would be great because there are so many details to cover. Having a written guide with flexibility to explore and schedule events will make this 3 to 6 month adventure a lot of fun!
I am really looking forward to this trip! P.S. So is Kevin :)