Since 2009 I have done individual book reviews on every book I have read and kept a monthly/yearly running track. As I am changing my reading habits from casual light reading to more of a research and discover I no longer want to keep those habits but adapt my process to a new format. I am leaning towards monthly recaps with the occasional full review (mostly kept for book club books for participation and my research books). This is the list for 2015. Links will be updated and provided as the year goes by.
While the last few years I have read a crazy amount of books, I have chosen a smaller goal to better fit my needs.
80 Books for the Year with more focus on -Feminism -Biblical Study
1. The Virgin Lovers by Phillipa Gregory (OWN) 2. Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton (OWN) 3. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (OWN) 4. Black Butler Vol 18 by Yana Toboso (OWN) 5. Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel (OWN) 6. The Gift by James Patterson and Ned Rust (OWN) 7. Crossed by Aly Condie (OWN)
1. Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler (OWN) 2. Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen Denegeres (OWN)
1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (OWN) 2. The Legacy by R.A. Salvatore (OWN) 3. Athlete Mindset Workbook A Collaboration by Terry Orlick PHD, Leslie Lewis MFA, and Head Coach Fatima Leite Kusch (Publisher Gift) 4. Starless Night by R.A. Salvatore (OWN) 5. Black Butler Vol 19 by Yana Toboso (OWN)
1. The 20 Project Complied by Hilary A. Curry (OWN) * 2. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking (OWN) 3. The Ryn by Serena Chase (OWN) 4. The Remedy by Serena Chase (OWN) 5. The Legacy of the Seahorse by Serena Chase (OWN)
1. Sentence of Marriage by Shayne Parkinson (OWN) 2. Mud and Gold by Shayne Parkinson (OWN) 3. Settling the Account by Shayne Parkinson (OWN) 4. Second Chances by Shayne Parkinson (OWN) 5. Daisy's War by Shayne Parkinson (OWN) 6. In Between Dreams by Iman Verjee (OWN) 7. The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory (Borrowed) 8. Breaking the Rules by Barbara Taylor Bradford (Borrowed)
Zero books, an all time record
1. A Curious Tale of the In-Between by Lauren DeStefano (OWN) 2. The Sunken Realm by Serena Chase (OWN) 3. Jesus Feminist by Sarah Bessey (OWN) *
1. The Equality Illusion (OWN) * 2. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath (OWN) * 3. Animal Farm by George Orwell (OWN) 4. The Last Apprentice – A Coven of Witches by Joseph Delaney (OWN) 5. The Last Apprentice – The Spook’s Tale and Other Horrors by Joseph Delaney (OWN) 6. Yes, Please by Amy Poehler (OWN) 7. Abhorsen by Garth Nix (borrowed from a friend) 8. The Naming by Alison Croggon (Library) 9. The Riddle by Alison Croggon (Library) 10. The Crow by Alison Croggon (Library) 11. The Singing by Alison Croggon (Library)
1. Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano (OWN) 2. Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano (OWN) 3. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (library) 4. The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman (library) 5. The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman (library) 6. Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong (library) 7. Empire of Night by Kelley Armstrong (library) 8. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (library) 9. The Magician by Michael Scott (library) 10. The Sorceress by Michael Scott (library)
* books with * beside them are my feminist reads for the year.
2014 - I read 99 Books
2013 - I read 79 Books
2012 - I read 101 Books
2011 - I read 101 Books
2010 - I read 97 Books
2009 - I began tracking around Christmas and only recorded 4 books as read.
I'm a lifestyle blogger, covering deep subjects including body images, battles with food, and overcoming how I was raised. I try to be as authentic as possible and I don’t sugar coat how I see things.