Really Mondays are fabulous!! I feel like as a culture we need to move away from Monday Blues and do our best to take what has been known as a bad day and turn it around. A big way to do this is not work a normal Mon-Fri 9-5 job. And after 7 months of unemployment, that's exactly what I've done. I have found a job that is the farthest from my previous job as you can get. I have loved this past 7 months and I have accomplished a lot of things! Many of those things have turned into great habits that I will definitely be continuing into the future. But I started working because I had an opportunity and it felt right. A big part of it feeling right is that the job deals with people but on a totally different level than before. Customer service is important, but not what you are doing 100% of the time. It's crazy shift hour work but as someone who doesn't sleep normal that's okay. Getting a job has been excessively stressful for me because I was so worried about the Social Aspect. I have not been dealing well with change or social situations recently. I've actually spent the last two months reading allot about Social Anxiety. The reading has helped and while I haven't been able to write the words about my anxiety I have found some amazing people who have put it very eloquently.
and lastly Creators of Reality is all about Social Anxiety
We have moved recently. I think the change was good for me and even though we are homeless and technically in a city I don't generally like*, I feel the change has been good for me. We are technically homeless until the 9th, Kevin's parents are awesome and have let us stay with them. I feel bad because of our crazy hours and I don't want to disturb their schedule too much. This week though is shaping up to be a crazy busy week, so I thought I would create some goals to share.
1. Start the 21-Day Challenge - OMG that starts today. It means eating differently and exercising for 21 days straight. I think I'll whip up a post about it on Friday
2. Don't forget Drew's present on Wednesday AND book club book
3. Finish my current read before Wednesday, so I can start the book club book right away (it must be done by Sunday!)
4. Decide what I want to do with my hair before my haircut on Thursday! Maybe a picture or two to bring to her.
5. Work! And work hard! Enjoy myself, have fun and realize I'm there for a good time and not just money. My mental health is more important than a paycheck. Keep this mentality.
6. Work on and get ahead on The Search for Understanding Project as well as read some more on another project, because that needs to post soon!!
7. Do a photoshoot, outside behind the shop. Not only do I need to get over my fear of shooting outside but this is seriously the most private place I am ever gonna have to do it! I need to take advantage of it and get some good shots.
8. Get together with others in this little town. It's time to visit everyone!
And lastly a quote to finish the day off
Femininity is not just lipstick, stylish hairdos, and trendy clothes. It is the divine adornment of humanity. It finds expression in your qualities of your capacity to love, your spirituality, delicacy, radiance, sensitivity, creativity, charm, graciousness, gentleness, dignity, and quiet strength. James E. Faust
*It's not a bad city, it's just small and doesn't have much to do like Calgary.
NOTE: Photo from our Calgary Zoo Trip June 2015. In the Butterfly area and my lens started fogging up.
I'm a lifestyle blogger, covering deep subjects including body images, battles with food, and overcoming how I was raised. I try to be as authentic as possible and I don’t sugar coat how I see things.