Historical fiction: tells a story that is set in the past. That setting is usually real and drawn from history, and often contains actual historical persons, but the principal characters tend to be fictional. Writers of stories in this genre, while penning fiction, attempt to capture the spirit, manners, and social conditions of the persons or time(s) presented in the story, with due attention paid to period detail and fidelity. (Wikipedia)
UPDATE! Some Lists:
- My Amazon YA Historical Fiction list
- New YA Historical Fiction 2011
- My Goodreads Historical Fiction shelf here!
- Time Line with YA Historical titles post-Civil War
Choose your level:
- All Historical Fiction books must be YA or MG
- Books don't have to be 2011 releases.
- Anyone can join. Please link to a public (web) place I can find you.
- You can join at anytime. The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011