In Her Name: Empire by Michael R. Hicks
Another Twitter find.
In the first book of an epic futuristic fantasy trilogy, this is the story of Reza Gard, a young boy of the Human Confederation who is swept up in the century-long war with the alien Kreelan Empire. Nightmarish female warriors with blue skin, fangs, and razor sharp talons, the Kreelans have technology that is millennia beyond that of the Confederation, yet they seek out close combat with sword and claw, fighting and dying to honor their god-like Empress. Captured and enslaved, Reza must live like his enemies in a grand experiment to see if humans have souls, and if one may be the key to unlocking an ages old curse upon the Kreelan race. Enduring the brutal conditions of Kreelan life, Reza and a young warrior named Esah-Zhurah find themselves bound together by fate and a prophecy foretold millennia before they were born
It has been a couple hours since I finished this book. And to be honest I am not really sure what to say... I have a few points
- what a fantastic story
- glad there was only one adult alien scene... and it was actually built into the story really well
- Pan'ne Sharakh reminds me of Yoda
- I wish I could see the gift Reza gives Esah-Zurah
- when can I get the next book
- not a fan of the cover, while yes they fight I found have rather have seen one of the collars they wear than a sword.
- I hope the next book goes into what Nicole goes through
- and I really want to know how old Reza was at the end of the book and how the alien cycles compare to the human years. I think it said it once but I have forgotten and now I can not find that part back
- why or why does that Amazon Kindle app not have a bookmark option!