Summer Orzo Salad
Yes I am suppose to be on a soup diet. BUT Kevin is home and I keep finding these amazing dishes and it's been fun challenging his cooking skills. This meal was one hundred percent Kevin (technically 99% as I mixed the dressing...)
- Cook the orzo in chicken broth until tender, according to package directions (I don't add any extra salt).
- Dice your uncooked chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, and sauté on medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- While orzo and chicken cooks, dice up your tomatoes, basil, and spinach or arugula. Set aside.
- Toast your pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, watching them carefully and tossing often. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- When orzo is done cooking, drain it and allow to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick together - this is important!
- When orzo and chicken has cooled, you may mix everything up, but wait until just before serving to add the pine nuts.
-May be served at room temperature or cold