"So you hit him."
"It seemed like the thing to do at the time."
Dave leaned back in his chair with his coffee.
"What changed your mind?"
"He gave me a puppy."
He choked on his coffee.
She looked at him, daring him to say a word. His eyes narrowed, but he kept silent. "It was this black fuzz ball that had sharp teeth and an attitude, and it tried to bite me every time I tried to pet it, feed it, or work the tangles out of it mangy fur. Marcus just walked by, jumped it in my lap, and said here. I was too busy trying to keep the thing hidden from the staff to wonder why Marcus was so determined to pick on me. Every time that dog would get away, Marcus would have to go canvas the neighborhood and bring him back in a box."
"How long did this go on?"
"Probably six months. Then the dog got hit by a car, and I think I nearly pulverized Marcus for not finding him alive. That sort of ended the hostilities on my side."
- Kate is one of my most favorite characters ever
- It kinda annoys me that at the end she calls him Tony even though he says to call him W
- There was one word that confused me when reading and it was dichotomy
- While Kate is my favorite, Marcus is fantastic
- I love the humor in this book
- I would like to know more about Kate's past
- I can't wait to read about Stephen, Jack, and well all of them! They are so exciting. It's going to be hard to concentrate on other things beside devouring these books